|CHANGE A SMILE, CHANGE A LIFE
Offering Dental Services to Formerly Incarcerated People
Smiles Beyond the Bars is a Christian non-profit whose mission is to change the lives of formerly incarcerated people by changing their smiles.
Through a network of dental professionals and labs, Smiles Beyond The Bars has helped more than 150 deserving, formerly incarcerated candidates in Arizona and California whose teeth have suffered the effects of drugs, poverty and prison. With over one million dollars in dental procedures done, our recipients have successfully transitioned into society. Our recipients have less than a 1% recidivism rate and an average of 7.5 million in tax payer’s dollars not going towards incarceration cost.
• Changing smiles changes lives.
• We know ultimately it is God who changes lives, we desire as an organization to be His instrument for change.
• Changing a smile dramatically impacts conversation, confidence, contact and careers.
• The goal of Smiles Beyond The Bars is to be an example of how to reach out to God’s children in real need, by offering dental services to formerly incarcerated people through:
1. Creating a program to educate on the effects of drug abuse and oral hygiene.In addition recipients will receive training on proper oral hygiene.
2. Promoting the prevention of drugs and tooth decay.
When I look in the mirror, I'm just so happy. I can smile with out shame. I can be myself. I can talk to people without scaring them away. I can sing. I never knew I could sing! When my mouth got fixed, I found I could do a lot of different things that I never would even try, because my self confidence was just so low.
See more stories of impacted lives.
Hear From Recipients and Providers Whose Lives Have Been Transformed by Smiles Beyond the Bars
|Smiles Beyond the Bars is currently looking for a dental facility in which to concentrate our services. And in order to operate in our own facility and continue efforts in treating incarcerated people and their families, we are seeking donations to fund the building.